Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thoughts on email subject lines

Looking through my inbox recently, I was thinking about which subject lines compel me to open emails. I think I respond to a direct subject line that sets honest expectations about the noesis of the email. Of course, then the telecommunicate staleness deliver on those expectations!Since I don't enjoy shopping at stores, the advent of e-commerce has made chronicle a aggregation easier. I'm on the telecommunicate lists of a few online retailers so I ignore shopping until an telecommunicate brings the shopping to me. The e-commerce emails that attract my attention most seem to include offers, and I often find myself placing an visit supported on these emails. For example:A Gift for You: $10 L.L. Bean Coupon RewardAmazon.com: $20 Off Rockport New ArrivalsAnother type of telecommunicate I tend to respond to is newsletters. With a newsletter, the object is not necessarily an immediate sale but rather nurturing the prospect and building trust over time. I subscribe to a pair newsletters from Vanguard, the investment company. The subject lines are rattling straightforward, for example:Economic Week in Review: Growth isn't a straightforward lineEconomic Week in Review: Is the recession over?Economic Week in Review: A integrated bagVanguard's "Week in Review" gives their take on the state of the economy and various economic trends. It demonstrates Vanguard's expertise, indirectly reminding me to contribute to my Roth IRA withdrawal statement at some point during the year. Depending on the nature of your creation or service, a customer may only spend money with you occasionally. A lawful e-newsletter ensures you will be on their mind when the time comes to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment